Be open to what's Possible
Here are some changes, transitions, and transformations of very talented people that I've mentored recently:
- Arby mapped out a financial & tactical plan to resign from senior HP management and open a successful real estate practice
- Susan planned and executed a career shift from Senior Attorney at Oracle to Associate Dean at Stanford University
- John after a 25 year career with a Fortune 100 company, negotiated early retirement, injecting funding into a pilot writing career
- Charles, newly minted PhD., mapped out practice development plan, including website, book publishing, and speaking opportunities
- Maura revived decades old dream of becoming an international activist/writer & business owner
- David felt he was being overlooked for his contributions, and wanted a raise, promotion, and more visibility, increasing his compensation by $75,000!
- Cat's a visionary activist, and young solo traveler. She's passionate about running her own company but wondered if a graduate degree was needed.
- Mark managed the risk of leaping from second in command of a family-owned business to captain of his own successful enterprise.
- Michelle wanted a raise, promotion, and more visibility for her work, and accomplished all three, increasing her compensation by $22,000.
- Jensine, award winning activist and journalist, looked inward to create balance and harmony within a hectic travel and speaking schedule.
- Maggie, hospital chaplain, negotiated a job change, salary increase, and better benefits, and landed a job in her area of specialty.
- Margje moved to another country for love, and still wanted to be independent and make her own money. Found a job within three weeks.
- Heather's an artist at heart and wanted a W-2 job that would pay the bills and allow her to paint. In 3 weeks, she landed the job, negotiated the highest pay and more vacation.
- And Pam, Jenni, Mindy, Navin, Joe...